Week 67: At least I'm not bald

 大家好!


Last Pday I got a clapped haircut from a haircut place. They made the front shorter than the back, so today I got a buzz cut. For all those who are disappointed in me I apologize, it was never in my plans and has been forced upon me by my circumstances. For those of you who are proud of me please let me know by private email

Highlights
- I got to go on AP exchanges this week, which was a nice break of going back to grinding missionary work with a seasoned missionary. It made it a little hard to come back to normal, but I've been working through it and keep pushing forward!
- While I was on AP exchanges we were grabbing dinner at the Dragon Center, which is a giant mall in Kowloon. We were looking for a place to sit and came across this one girl that Elder Bement had seen outside, and she asked if we needed a place to sit, so we sat with her and started chatting. She mentioned her cousin is actually a member of our church and that she's been to one of our chapels before, which was crazy! We had a fire conversation. Then out of nowhere this other dude walks up and is like, "Hey I'm Frank, I've seen you guys around all the time, can I sit with you?" And so we got to share with him too, which was so cool! Literally felt like I was dreaming, so sick
- We have been coordinating with the Sisters that serve in our ward to try and get Charles to invite his sister and mom to church and to meet with us. His sister is already meeting with the Sisters, but we would love to teach them all together. Our end goal is to get them all sealed in the temple!
- Speaking of, we actually got to go the temple on Tuesday, which was so sick! I always love going to the temple, and it brought a lot of peace and comfort
- We had a ward youth activity to celebrate two of the young men's birthday, and the young men started grilling me about my dating life before the mission and trying to get advice 😂

Spiritual Thought
I read in an Elder Holland talk this week that Christianity is comforting, but rarely is it comfortable. I really liked that because in our lives there are often times we find ourselves uncomfortable, in situations or conditions that we may not like or want. But the point isn't that we won't experience these things, the point is that through Jesus Christ we can obtain comfort during these times. And really that's the best we can hope for as we go through life, to find comfort amidst the uncomfortableness

Love you all!
Elder Blankenbiller 

Google Photos 

Pictures 
1. Last Pday, biking
2. View from the place we biked to
3. District picture
4. Meeting with Jack
5. Weirdly big book






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 26: 兩個洗禮

Week 4: I Am an American

Week 44: Heart attacking doesn't work in Hong Kong 😭