Week 65: Didn't see that coming

 大家好!


This week took a bit of an unexpected turn, in that there ended up being an emergency transfer and I'm now back in Sheung Shui, my very first area. I'm currently serving with Elder Lau, a missionary in his first transfer out of training. He's actually from Hong Kong. To be honest it's been a bit of a struggle, the whole thing caught me completely off guard, and I went from having a really diligent companion working in an area that had a lot happening, to an area that right now has almost nothing happening, and my companion is still learning how to give himself fully to the mission and realize that the mission isn't about him. So it's been a struggle the last few days, but I've been praying lots and really trying to push forward and love my companion even when he makes it difficult

Highlights
- Wow coming back to this ward was awesome. These members are the best people ever and so many of them remembered me and were so excited that I was back, which was so nice. I was especially excited to see Charles at church again and just see how well he fits in now, he's friends with the YSA, comes to ward activities, etc. And now I get to hang out with him at church again which is lit
- It's been cool to be back in my first area and just compare the person and missionary I was then to the person and missionary I am now. I think back to where I was at when I was here the first time and am just kind of in shock at how different I feel. Cool way to look back and see the progress


Spiritual Thought
One of my good friends mentioned prayer in their weekly email this week and I wanted to emphasize that too. As I've been having these struggles the last few days I've really learned what it means to pour out my heart in prayer. I feel so much closer to Heavenly Father and the Savior, especially since being in just a two-Elder apartment there really isn't anyone else I can turn to. I've seen the power of prayer bless me by filling my heart with much needed peace, blessing me with guidance to know how to handle things, and just helping to calm me down when things get tough. I have such a strong testimony that prayer can truly heal our hearts in our trials, even if it doesn't lift our trials away

Love you all!
Elder Blankenbiller


Google Photos

Pictures
1. Hanging out with Charles again
2. Last week's hike: View of Shenzhen in Mainland China
3. Our friend Carl showed us a spot to buy sour gummy worms and peach rings
4. Lit meal
5. New comp, Elder Lau





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 26: 兩個洗禮

Week 4: I Am an American

Week 44: Heart attacking doesn't work in Hong Kong 😭