Week 64: No one needs this many drinking glasses

 大家好!


Adjusting to this new transfer has been nuts, just getting used to the new area, the new zone, the new ward. There's so much happening, which is awesome, but just a lot to process haha. And it's all back in Cantonese, so my brain has been a little cooked haha. But it's been such a fun couple days in Sha Tin, this area is the best!! So fun, so many people willing to talk, great food, the Ward is amazing, and my comp is super fun

Highlights
- Before I moved areas we were able to get our friend Rai baptized, and it was such an amazing day! The Spirit there was so strong, and Rai was nervous, but also so excited. So glad to be a part of his journey, such a blessing! 
- Elder Shields and I got an opportunity to do some service for a guy named Glen who just moved to Hong Kong. He's Christian but not a member of our church. Super nice guy and has the BIGGEST collection of drinking glasses I've ever seen haha. He's like mega rich and the view from his apartment is insane
- We had our summer missionary Jake go with us for the last time I was there and he made me this super cool drawing that looks cooler than I have ever looked in real life haha
- My new companion, Elder Scow, and I had the most fever dream 3 hours of our missions, we just had the most clapped lessons back to back to back with members that just kept randomly changing the topic and trying to talk to us about deep doctrine instead of teaching our friend. So whacko
- Church today was so fire, met a ton of really cool members and then after church we had a dude we rescheduled for a chapel tour pull up with 7 of his friends, so we got to give them all a chapel tour

Spiritual thought
In church today the Bishop gave a talk and he started off by talking about the 16 personalities test if any of you know what that is. He went through and broke down the four parts of it, and then asked the question: what personality type would Jesus Christ be? Do we know? I thought that was an interesting question, not because I'm curious what personality type the Savior would be, but more the question that it raises: how well do we truly know Jesus Christ? One of my old companions used to ask the question "If Jesus Christ walked past me on the street would I recognize Him?" It's an important question to ask, because we know in the scriptures that "This is life eternal, that they might know thee, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom Thou hast sent." (John 17:3). It's so crucial to do the Spiritual work necessary to truly come to know our Savior, and there is so much spiritual power that comes from that knowledge!

Love you all!
Elder Blankenbiller

Google Photos

Pictures
1. The drinking glass collection
2. Rai's baptism
3. New comp Elder Scow
4. The 8 kid chapel tour
5. Hanging out with Charles on Pday






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 26: 兩個洗禮

Week 4: I Am an American

Week 44: Heart attacking doesn't work in Hong Kong 😭