Week 59: The Grind Never Stops, Endure to the End Baby Let's Go

 大家好!


I got sick this week, and originally I had decided that I should stay inside and rest so that I could recover. But then I remembered that we had friends to Baptize so I dragged myself out for three days to teach friends and we put our friend Charlie on baptismal date! Now to all you Prospective missionaries out there, do not copy my behavior. I was promptly punished by way of typhoon that kept us stuck inside all day on Sunday. I have been sufficiently humbled and will take better care of myself next time

Highlights
- On Tuesday we had the temple in the morning, and then went straight from there to the Exhibition Center to volunteer at the Book Fair again. We were there for 2.5 hours, and it was a blast! I saw a bunch of members from wards I used to serve in, and we met some chill people! The funny thing was the Jehovah's Witnesses that were right next door to us because of course they were. They kept giving us weird looks the whole time
- Thursday we had AP exchanges, and I got to run it back with Elder Chuy one last time before he goes home this transfer. It was so fun to go with him one more time, and we had some fire conversations and miracles! In the morning, we went and visited a member named 林兄弟. I had started feeling a little sick that morning, and my voice was kinda gone. So at the end of the interaction he handed me these mystery pills and just demanded that I take two right there and then. So I did, despite not really knowing what they were. And holy crap they knocked me out, we were doing contacting and I just could NOT keep my eyes open haha. It was whack.
- Elder Chuy bought me lunch at this random nice restaurant, and we had a fire conversation with our waiter, who we then rescheduled for a chapel tour that night! He was so cool, he gave us twenty percent off and free drinks! Elder Chuy and I talked a lot about mission stuff, especially about some missionaries in my zone who struggle with confidence and how to help them. It was such a good conversation and such a good time, I'm gonna miss Elder Chuy a lot when he goes home
- On Friday we invited our friend Charlie to be baptized, and he accepted! We're super excited for him; he's so cool.

Spiritual Thought
When Elder Chuy and I were talking about confidence, we were talking about where confidence comes from, and one source of confidence we brought up is having done hard things in the past, which gives you confidence that you can do hard things in the future. Elder Chuy asked about what you do if you come up against something hard enough that the things you've done in the past don't give you enough confidence. We decided that the confidence to do things you've never done before comes from God. Because we all will come up against things in life that we don't have confidence to overcome. But if we trust in God He gives us the confidence to face tasks that seem impossible. Placing our trust in Him and His promises gives us the best kind of confidence we can have

Love you all!
Elder Blankenbiller

Google Photos

Pictures
1. Ran into 親愛的亞當 at the temple
2. Exchange with Elder Chuy
3. The food was so bus
4. Book fair
5. Infinite meat skewers 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 26: 兩個洗禮

Week 4: I Am an American

Week 44: Heart attacking doesn't work in Hong Kong 😭