Week 56: Soy misionero

 大家好!


When I thought about going on a mission, I originally wanted to serve Spanish speaking and teach latinos. I've loved serving in Hong Kong and wouldn't change it for anything, but part of me always wished I could have had that experience. This week we messaged a member from Peru, Brother Rebaza. He and his family had lived in Hong Kong for a year but were moving back to the U.S. When we reached out Brother Rebaza said he would love to meet up with us, that we could meet with him and his brother at his brother's apartment. His brother isn't a member, but as we learned when we showed up, he has been going through some changes in life and wants to learn about the gospel. Our first visit was actually amazing, the Spirit was so strong and he is so ready. I was also so grateful that the Lord gave me this opportunity, even though I'm serving in Hong Kong, I still got to teach someone from South America, the place I originally wanted to serve

Highlights
- I went on AP exchanges with Elder Brenchely on the 4th of July and he bought me Five Guys for dinner. Also another companionship of Elders had the same idea and we ended up at the same place same time. It was fire
- I got humbled by a lesson we had with our friend Trevor. He's a Protestant but is interested in finding truth, so he's meeting with us to learn about what we beleive. He asks the craziest deep questions about the gospel, and I went into the lesson totally unprepared. For most of my mission I haven't really studied to prepare for lessons because I felt like I knew it all well enough. But that lesson taught me I need to prepare better for lessons so that I can answer questions clearly and powerfully and use the scriptures better

Spiritual Thought
I was reading a BYU devotional during my personal study this week, and it said something along the lines of: service is the source of self-esteem, satisfaction, and is a source of healing. I've seen that to be absolutely true throughout my mission and especially recently. The simple joy that is serving others and thinking of their benefit rather than your own cannot be overstated. We all have the potential and ability to dramatically increase our own joy and the joy of others by simple acts of kindness and service, done out of pure love

Love you all!
Elder Blankenbiller


Google Photos

Pictures
1. New consecrated oil vial I got engraved. Translates to "Light and life"
2. Found that Tony's stuff Elder John D. Amos was talking about
3. Independence Day Five Guys
4. Member meal on exchanges






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 26: 兩個洗禮

Week 4: I Am an American

Week 44: Heart attacking doesn't work in Hong Kong 😭