Week 54: A Proper Englishman

 大家好!


Our friend Noumonvi got baptized yesterday!!! It was awesome, we had a pretty good turnout from the Branch and Noumonvi was so happy and excited the whole time. He shared his testimony in French during the service and it was so powerful, it was so cool to see how much he's changed since when we first met him!! Unfortunately I didn't end up in any of the pictures cause I was the designated photographer. But 唔緊要,唔緊要!It was an awesome day

Highlights
- On our way home we ran into this guy named Ben who was the most proper English man you will ever meet. Which is funny cause he was fully Chinese. But he had the accent, the mannerisms, the Britishisms, it was so funny. He was super chill though and wants to come to church next week!
- We had to deal with so much rain this week, we kept getting Red and Black rain warnings, which is when the rain gets so heavy the mission President tells us to get back to our apartments ASAP and not to leave until he says so. So we spent a lot of time running around in the rain without umbrellas cause Elder Smith and I refuse to waste money on them. The only casualty was that we didn't get to go back out to the island Peng Chau cause we couldn't take the ferry. Big sad
- We had Zone Conference on Saturday! Our training went way better this transfer than last transfer, it was awesome! Very spiritual and we hit all the points we wanted to cover. We also had some fire trainings from our APs about using the scriptures, asking questions, and listening. President Hill also gave a great training about understanding baptism. I got a lot out of Zone Conference and I'm excited to keep applying it and moving forward
- 3 of our recent converts also got the Melchizidek Priesthood this week!!! Super exciting, they're the best. Trying to help them get to the temple soon too!
- We also spent a lot of time this week putting out fires, there were a lot of missionaries who are struggling in our zone again, for completely different reasons this time though. It's been a little tough, especially when Elder Smith and I just have no idea what to do to help. But we've been forging ahead and our efforts have been magnified so much

Spiritual Thought
I have had a lot of opportunities to give priesthood blessings on the mission, but especially in the past 3 months or so. And every time I've given one has been so different because each situation has been so different, and every one has been completely guided by the Spirit. But a common theme between every single one of them was a reminder of how much the Lord loves and is with us when we struggle and when we suffer. Every single one of the blessings I have given has emphasized that, and it's been a powerful reminder for me as well. No matter what we go through, remember that the Lord said He is "on your right hand and on your left, and mine angels round about you to bear you up." I have seen that be true as I have seen so many people going through intense trials but still able to push forward

Love you all!!
Elder Blankenbiller


Google Photos

Pictures
1. Noumonvi was going to Institute for a couple weeks and the Senior Missionary who teaches it showed up to his baptisms to support him
2. Noumonvi, his wife, and our member Abraham
3. Noumonvi with wife and Elder Smith
4. Some more Senior Missionaries who came to support






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 26: 兩個洗禮

Week 4: I Am an American

Week 44: Heart attacking doesn't work in Hong Kong 😭